Bee Girl’s Costume
- 1 yd. each of black and yellow tulle
- Roll of ¾” black elastic
- Yellow pom-poms
- Black pom-poms
- Yellow chenille stems
- Black headband
- Black tank top or t-shirt
- Black leggings
- Black shoes or slippers
- 2 wire coat hangers
- 1 pair of adult size black stockings
- Silver and gold glitter fabric paint
- Yellow and black fabric paint markers
- Black reusable grocery bag
- Hot glue gun
- 2 safety pins
- Cut the elastic to fit around the waist with a ½” overlap. Sew together for the tutu’s waistband.
- Determine the length of the tutu.
- Cut the tulle into strips that are 3” wide and twice the length of the length of your planned tutu. If cutting tulle causes you problems, try rolling it up and cutting a bunch at once.
- Place the elastic around the back of a child’s chair or something similar while you attach the tulle. To add the tulle, take one of those 3” strips and fold it in half. Take the center point and make a loop around the elastic and then pull the ends of the tulle through the loop you just made. Alternate colors until all of the elastic is covered.
- Glue a black pom-pom to the end of 2 chenille stems to create 2 antennae.
- Take about 3” from the other end and wrap it around the headband on one side. Repeat with the other antennae.
- Take a couple more stems and wrap the headband to cover the space between the two antennae with yellow.
- Glue 2 lines of yellow pom-poms horizontally along the front of the shirt.
- Unbend a hanger and reshape it into an oval shape with the hook still at one end. Repeat with the other hanger.
- Cut the legs off the pair of pantyhose. Insert one oval shape into a leg and stretch the nylon over it, tying off the end and cutting off the excess. Repeat with the other hanger and nylon.
- Decorate your wings with the glitter fabric paint and let dry. Attach a safety pin to each wing then attach each wing to the shoulders of the shirt.
- Decorate the grocery bag with the fabric paint and let dry.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.