Candy Shop Owner Costume
- Plain white apron
- Color your own white bowtie
- Red glitter paint
- Red fabric paint
- Large white rectangular piece of paper
- White collared shirt
- Black trousers
- Black dress shoes
- Using either a stencil or painter’s tape, mark out stripes about 1.5” on the apron.
- Paint the areas without tape with the red fabric paint and let dry. This may take a few coats. When dry, remove the tape and fill the pockets with candy of choice.
- Place the paper on the work surface. Arrange the paper so the longer sides of the rectangle are horizontal. Consider practicing with newspaper before using any craft paper.
- Fan fold the paper every 2”. Start at the top of the paper and fan fold down until there are about 3” left at the bottom.
- Fold the bottom of the paper up 3” to overlap the 2” folds you made. Cut off the overlapping paper.
- Insert one end of the paper into the other about 1/2” and tape or staple in place. This will be the hat band.
- Open the hat up slowly. The folds will begin to come undone creating the top of the hat.
- Decorate the hat with crayons, markers or paint.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.