Chick Magnet Costume
- 2 large sheets of foam core
- (approx. 2 ft. x 3 ft.)
- 1 roll of red duct tape
- 1 roll of silver duct tape
- Plastic ducks
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Utility knife
- Draw a large magnet shape on one large sheet of foam core with a pencil. Cut out the shape with the utility knife.
- Place the magnet shape on top of the second piece of foam core and trace it with a pencil. Cut out the second shape.
- With the excess foam core, cut 30 squares, approx. 3" x 4". These will be the spacers between the two magnet shapes creating the 3D look.
- Glue 10 squares together, stacked on top of each other. Repeat 2 more times to create 3 stacks of 10 squares glued together.
- Glue the first stack to the top center of one magnet shape at the curve. Glue the second stack to the bottom right side and glue the third stack to the bottom left side. Glue the second magnet shape to the top of the stacks, lining up the two magnet shapes so that they are directly on top of each other with matching sides.
- Wrap silver duct tape to the bottom of the right and left side of the magnet. It is helpful to cut the tape into long strips before wrapping.
- Wrap red duct tape around the remainder of the magnet.
- Glue yellow plastic chicks to the silver part of the magnet.
- It is suggested that you wear your magnet with a plain black shirt and a pair of jeans.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.