Lightning Bolt Costume
- Gold metallic table skirt
- Metallic sunglasses
- Large piece of cardboard
- X-acto® knife
- Duct tape
- Clear tape
- Black shirt
- Black pants
- Shoes of your choice
- Draw lightning bolt shape onto a large piece of cardboard.
- Carefully cut out the shape with the X-acto® knife. Cut the cardboard out on top of a cutting mat or another piece of cardboard so you do not damage the surface beneath it.
- About 3" from the top of the lightning bolt shape, cut out an 8 ½" wide circle neck hole. Cut a straight line from the top of the neck hole to the top of the cardboard.
- Use duct tape to reinforce the neck hole and any areas on the lightning bolt shape that need extra strength.
- Lay out a metallic gold table skirt and place the lightning bolt front side down on top of the table skirt. Carefully cut off the top elastic of the table skirt.
- Carefully wrap the cardboard lightning bolt shape in the table skirt and use duct tape to secure the table skirt to the back of the lightning bolt. Do not pull the table skirt too hard as it may tear. If your lightning bolt is larger than the table skirt, cut smaller pieces of the table skirt to fit.
- For the neck hole, cut an “x” into the table skirt covering the middle of the neck hole. Carefully fold back the flaps created and secure them to the back of the lightning bolt.
- Use clear tape to secure edges or any area needed on the front of the lightning bolt.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.