- Design your own child’s apron
- Green foam sheets
- Shimmer paper
- Colored foam sheet
- Pair of leggings
- Silk Flower
- Pair of flip flops
- Pearl beads, 8mm-12mm
- 2 seashells
- Seaweed-look green trim
- Sequins and assorted coordinating trims
- Trim the apron into a fin shape by starting at the waist and tapering to a point at the bottom of the apron.
- Cut a tailfin out of a foam sheet.
- Before attaching the tailfin, be sure to measure the costume on the child. Make length adjustments at the end of the tail as necessary to avoid tripping. Once the proper length is determined, glue the tailfin to the bottom of the apron overlapping the point to secure.
- Cover the tail with shimmer paper or paint so you have a base layer.
- Accordion fold the shimmer paper for the scales.
- Glue the shimmer paper scales onto the apron starting with the larger ones at the waist and gradually make smaller rows as get you get closer to the tailfin.
- Cut out a waistband made of foam. Glue on sequin details and trim as desired.
- Cut out seashells out of a colored foam sheet. Decorate with trim as desired. Allow time to dry then attach the seashell top to the apron.
- Glue trim to the cuffs of the leotard. Glue on strands of seaweed trim. Let dry.
- Glue a large silk flower and strands of seaweed trim to the headband. Let dry.
- Glue a seashell and a pearl to each. Let dry.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.