Picnic Ant Costume
- Black chenille stems
- Black beadable headbands
- Red and white checkered table covers
- Sticky ants
- Black onyx balloons
- Utensil caddy
- Blue paper cups
- Blue stripe beverage napkin
- Blue dessert plates
- Black stocking hat
- Black sunglasses
- Black shirt
- Black pants
- 1/2" thick foam board
- Plastic food
- Straight pins
- Needle and black thread
- Hot glue or glue gun
To make the headband:
- Join two chenille stems by wrapping the ends together creating one long stem.
- Bend the long stem in half over the headband and twist together tightly to secure.
- Curl the front the stem downward like an antenna.
- Repeat with the second antenna.
To make the table:
- Cut a round table from the foam board approximately 30" in diameter.
- Measure your child's waist and cut a hole in the center of the table to fit.
- Lay out a piece of table cover on a large flat surface, lay the foam board in the center of the table cover.
- Cut an X in the table cover where the center hole is located.
- This will give you four triangular sections of table cover - pull the corners of the table cover up tightly over the foam board and secure.
- Flip the foam board over carefully. Along the outer edge of the foam board, carefully insert a stick pin through the table cover and into the foam board to secure the table cover. I had pins about every 8-10 inches.
- Insert the t-shirt through the center hole of the table, using the stick pins, evenly attach the shirt to the table around the opening.
- Using the needle and thread, sew around the hem of the shirt, attaching the shirt to the center hole of the table.
- Using the hot glue gun, carefully assemble the food onto the plates and attach plates, napkins and cups to the table where desired.
- Using the needle and thread, stitch the sticky ants to the table cover, napkins, cups and plates as desired.
To make the candy basket:
- Trim down one of the table covers and tuck inside the utensil caddy Leaving one corner peeking out slightly.
- Using the needle and thread, attach the ants to the side of the basket and up the handle.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.