Raining Cats & Dogs Costume
- Design your own white umbrella
- Plush cats
- Plush dogs
- Light blue foam sheets
- White foam sheets
- Opalescent glitter
- Glitter blue fabric paint
- Clear stretchy cording or fishing line
- Spray adhesive
- Large eye needle
- Pencil or pen
- Cut out 4-5 lightning and raindrop shapes from foam. Cut out 8 cloud shapes from foam.
- Use the blue glitzy glitter fabric paint to add sparkle to the raindrops.
- Using the spray adhesive, preferably outdoors and over a covered surface, spray one side of the lighting bolts and cover with Looks Like Snow opalescent glitter. Let dry and shake off the excess glitter. Turn over lighting bolts and repeat.
- Use the spray adhesive to spray the top portion of the umbrella and cover it with Looks Like Snow opalescent glitter. Let dry and shake off the excess glitter.
- Use the spray adhesive to spray one side of the clouds and adhere clouds to all sides of the umbrella.
- With the large eye needle sew approx. 12”-18” clear stretchy cording onto 2-3 plush cats, 2-3 plush dogs, lighting bolts and raindrops. Sew the plush cats, dogs, and lightning bolts and raindrops onto the umbrella and adjust string to desirable length. Try to keep the dangling items closer to the sides and back so they don’t obscure the child’s vision. Cut off excess string.
- Finish the costume by wearing a rain jacket and rain boots.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.