- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- White Canvas Bag
- Shark Fin Costume Accessory
- Grey sweatshirt with hood
- Grey sweatpants
- Felt: white, black, pink
To create the costume:
- Measure the opening of the hood on the sweatshirt. Use this measurement as a guide for your row of shark teeth. Make sure the teeth reach to each end of the hood opening.
- Create your teeth in a long strip, keeping some extra felt on the bottom edge to attach the gums. Use two or more strips if needed.
- Use the pink felt to make the gums of the shark. Glue this layer to the strip of teeth.
- Allow to dry, then glue your teeth & gums to the inside edge of the hood.
- Make two large eyes and attach to the sides of the hood.
- Use white felt to make a contrast throat area for your shark if desired. This trick works well for covering any design printed on the sweatshirt.
- Add the shark fin to the back of the sweatshirt.
- Remove the elastic straps from the shark fin and attach with glue or safety pins
- Add fake blood to the teeth if desired.
To create the treat bag:
- Decorate your treat bag as desired with paint, markers, or fun accessories. Some fun suggestions: Draw a bite taken out of the corner of the bag. Add a picture of a shark or fish. Make the bag look like a “No Swimming” sign.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.