Ukulele Hula Girl Costume
- Pink or flesh-colored tank top
- Pair of shorts
- Pair of flip-flops
- Child's hula costume
- Coconut bra
- Flower lei's
- Hibiscus hair clip
- DIY memory boxes
- Craft rolls
- Acrylic paint
Treat bag materials:
- White gift bags
- Adult hula skirt
- Flower lei's
To make the costume:
- Dress child in shorts, tank top and flip-flops. Attach the coconut bra around the arms and the hula skirt around waist. Place a large fabric lei around the neck and the two small fabric lei's on each wrist. Use one of the remaining lei's and cut in half to make two ankle lei's. Tie each ankle lei to secure.
- Cut another lei so you can use some of the flowers from it. Using tape or glue, adhere some of the flowers to the flip-flops. Attach hibiscus clip to side of hair.
To make the ukulele:
- Paint one large box, one small box and one craft roll brown. Allow time to dry.
- Cut a hole out of the center of the front of the large box. Glue the large box to one end of the craft roll and the small box the other end. Allow time to dry.
- Attach three to four brads to the front of the small box. Cut four pieces of yarn. Wrap a piece of yarn around each brad. Glue to secure. Glue remaining ends of the yarn to bottom of the large box.
- Glue some flowers to the ukulele. You may use a piece of yarn or ribbon to make a strap for the ukulele if so desired.
To make the treat bag:
- Cut the adult hula skirt to the length of the white gift bag. Glue the skirt around the top of the bag. Glue some of the flowers from the leis around the top of the bag. Allow time to dry.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.