Washing Machine Costume
- White fabric headbands
- 100 pieces of tissue paper, assorted colors
- Bright round baskets
- Clear dinner plates
- Surebonder® High Temperature Mini Glue Gun
- Surebonder® All-Temp Full-Size Glue Sticks
- 24 foam sheets
- Silver ribbon set
- Large cardboard box
- Extra cardboard pieces
- Spray bottle
- Spray paint
- Aluminum foil
- Bright colored clothes
- Clear packing tape
- Scissors or box knife
- Printable templates
- Seal the box using clear packing tape, leaving one flap untaped. This flap will become the control panel at the back of the washing machine. Paint the cardboard box and let dry. When the box is dry, cut a hole at the top of the box. Cut one arm hole in each side of the box.
- If you choose to use the printables, cut them out and set them aside.
- Place the clear plate on an extra piece of cardboard and trace around the plate. About 1.5” out from your traced line cut out a circle. Your cardboard circle should be larger than the clear plate.
- Now cut out the inside of the circle to make an “O” shape that the clear plate can fit inside.
- Cut out a rectangle and square shape from the remaining cardboard. These will become the hinge and lock on the washing machine door. Cover the cardboard pieces with aluminum foil and secure on the backside with clear packing tape.
- Glue the rectangle hinge to the left side of the washing machine door and the square lock to the right side of the door.
- Place the bubbles from the printables set inside the clear plate. Place a bright colored piece of clothing inside the clear plate. Crumple blue and white tissue paper and place in the clear plate.
- Place the plate in the center of the assembled washing machine door and secure the plate to the door on the backside using clear packing tape.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.