Deviled Egg Eyeballs Recipe
Jeepers creepers! Get a load of these peepers for an eye-popping twist on a traditional favorite.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Green gel food coloring
- Red gel food coloring
- Sliced black olives
- Remove eggshells and halve the eggs lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Mash the yolks and stir in mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and yellow mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in a few drops of green gel food coloring until the desired color has been achieved.
- Place the mixture into a Ziploc® plastic bag, making sure the bag is securely closed. Cut a small hole in one tip of the plastic bag. Fill the egg whites evenly with the mixture.
- Use a toothpick and red food coloring to “draw” the veins onto the egg whites.
- Garnish with a sliced black olive. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.