Mini Candy Corn Cupcakes Recipe
Inspired by the classic candy, these upside-down cupcakes are sure to please during any autumn event. Topped with a dollop of frosting and a piece candy corn, you can rest in peace knowing there won’t be any left over.
- Pound cake mix
- White cream cheese frosting
- Orange gel food coloring
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Candy Corn
- Sanding sugar
- Prepare the pound cake batter according to the directions on the box. Divide the batter in half, mixing one half of the batter with orange gel food coloring and the other half with yellow gel food coloring until the desired colors have been achieved.
- Place each half of the batter into Ziploc® plastic bags, making sure bags are securely closed. Cut a small hole in one corner of the plastic bag. Fill each cup of a greased mini-cupcake pan 1/3 of the way with orange batter. Fill another 1/3 of each cup with yellow batter, making sure not to overfill. Follow baking directions on the box of pound cake.
- After the cupcakes have cooled, turn each mini cupcake on its top and frost the top of the cupcakes using the white cream cheese frosting. The method suggested in step 2 works well for this step.
- Place a candy corn on top of the frosted cupcake. Sprinkle the cupcake with sanding sugar for a dash of extra sparkle.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.