Rice Cereal Treat Pumpkins Recipe
Roll up your very own pumpkin patch where every pumpkin picked is always a crowd-pleaser. A frightfully fun twist on a classic treat, all your Halloween guests won’t be able to resist carving into these pumpkins with each bite.
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Orange gel food coloring
- Chocolate almond bark
- Braided pretzel sticks
- Pretzel sticks
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows have completely melted. Add the vanilla. Mix in a few drops of orange gel food coloring until the desired color has been achieved. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the rice cereal. Mix well with the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper. Use floured hands to form 2” and 4” balls. Place balls onto wax paper. Press a braided pretzel stick into the top of each large ball and half of a regular pretzel stick into the top of each small ball to create the “pumpkin stem”.
- Melt the chocolate almond bark according to the directions on the package.
- Place the melted chocolate almond bark into a Ziploc® plastic bag making sure bag is securely closed. Cut a small hole in one tip of the plastic bag.
- Pipe the melted chocolate almond bark onto the pumpkin balls forming faces or words. (Caution: bag may be hot from the melted almond bark!)
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.