- Printed stencil
- Battery-operated votive candle
- Carefully carve a large hole in the top of your pumpkin so you can scoop out the pulp.
- Print out the pumpkin stencil. You may need to resize your stencil via printer or copy machine to fit your pumpkin.
- Using a pencil, cover the back of the stencil with graphite. Tape your stencil to the pumpkin, graphite face down. Use a pencil to trace the haunted house. This will transfer the design onto the pumpkin from the graphite on the back of your stencil.
- Remove the paper stencil to reveal the design transferred onto the pumpkin.
- Begin carving out the haunted house windows on your pumpkin, starting at the center of your design and working outward. Carefully remove the cut pumpkin shapes.
- Use acrylic paint to paint the haunted house shape. Allow time for the paint to dry.
- Insert a battery-operated votive candle in the base of the pumpkin. Replace the top of the pumpkin and enjoy.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.