Note: You may carve this stencil on one pumpkin or two.
- Printed stencil
- Battery-operated votive candle
- Carefully carve a large hole in the top of your pumpkin so you can scoop out the pulp.
- Print out the pumpkin stencil. You may need to resize your stencil via printer or copy machine to fit your pumpkin.
- If you are using two pumpkins, cut the skeleton face off the stencil so you have two templates, a head and a body.
- Tape each stencil to their coordinating pumpkin, then transfer the designs onto each pumpkin by poking holes through the template with a plastic poking tool (available in our pumpkin-carving kits). Remove the stencil.
- To begin carving your pumpkin, start at the center of your design and work outward. Begin with the innermost and/or smallest details. Carefully remove the cut pumpkin shapes.
- If you are using two pumpkins, assemble your skeleton by inserting a battery-operated votive candle in the base of each pumpkin. Stack the pumpkins and secure them together by inserting a long wooden dowel down the center. Dress your pumpkin – top hats, bow ties and tiaras are all great ways to complete this creative look. Replace the top of the pumpkin to the skeleton face pumpkin and enjoy.
Note: If you have trouble viewing the PDF, right-click the download button, and select "Save Target As…" to download the file.